ITS Partners is a 30-year-old firm that has a personality of a 5-year-old technology startup. Our diverse team, 80+ strong, is united by a single mission: to help IT break free of the mundane. Whether in our Grand Rapids HQ, onsite with customers, or remote from a location of your choosing, we work hard to help make core IT Management functions productive for businesses every single day.
How your superpowers will be used:
The Resource Manager is primarily responsible for managing and overseeing key tasks required to resource forecasted and active Delivery Services projects. This position will ensure that project resourcing is accurately managed for timely delivery of contracted projects as well as preparing capacity models required to support business and operational requirements, identify and mitigate risks, and communicate with other stakeholders.
A day in the life of a Resource Manager at ITS Partners:
- Act as the main point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals.
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization numbers.
- Assist with managing and resolving resource booking conflicts.
- Assist with building, maintaining, and communicating resource forecasts.
- Assist Program Manager with running weekly resource meeting and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with Professional Services and appropriate department heads.
- Manage resourcing forecast spreadsheets for Professional Services based on input from weekly meetings.
- Work with Professional Services Practice Leaders/ Program Manager and Engagement Managers to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Program Manager to address and solve those issues.
- Attend weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Receive, analyze and report on weekly utilization reports to Professional Services Management team.
- Alert Program Manager of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work with departments to resource and assist in the identification and management of vendors and facilitate initial discussions necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to Professional Services Management team with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage collaboration process with other department or practice to share resources on an as needed basis.
- Recommend process improvements for Resource Management.
Superpowers we are looking for:
- Ability to work collaboratively amongst several internal groups throughout the delivery process
- Consistent demonstration of high initiative and perseverance
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders
- Demonstrated advanced customer focus, judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) required
- Strong business acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and business analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented environment across all level
- Demonstrated experience in driving initiatives, holding self-accountable for results and ensuring continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to analyze and improve processes to create efficiencies in delivery
- Demonstrated consulting aptitude with the understanding of business drivers behind technology
- Associate or Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
- A minimum of 3+ years related experience required as a Resource Manager
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft excel
- Mavenlink experience a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ITS Partners, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer